Sunday, December 10, 2006

A table that made my jaw drop.

I've always had a fascination with things that unfold. An object can seemingly be so simple, but then transform into something completely different, or perhaps just bigger. My favorite product is the IBM 701C "Butterfly" keyboard, which allowed IBM to shoehorn a full size keyboard into a laptop 10" wide (with a rather satisfying "ka-chunk"). Above my desk hangs a Hoberman Sphere. And I won't go into all the umbrellas I've owned.

One shouldn't be surprised that I love this table, which by rotating 30 degrees, expands from seating for 6, to seating for 12. Not to mention that it's beautifully made, and the engineering that drives it is equally elegant. Sure, expanding tables have been around for ages, but not like this one. It's made by DB Fletcher, and the videos speak for themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| 860.945.1118
Copyright ©2006 EVO design, LLC
Portfolio | People | Studio | About Evo | What's New | Contact Us