Monday, April 21, 2008

A leopard is in the house

With the addition of the first computer with Leopard in the office, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade at home. After finding a good deal on the 5-pack, I spent the weekend backing up and upgrading. My Mac Mini now dual-boots Tiger and Leopard, and I did a fresh install on my Macbook.

While it's definitely an incremental change, I like it a lot. My favorite features?
  • It's a little faster.
  • Built in Front-Row (even for my old remote-less mac-mini. No more hacks required).
  • A mind-bending PhotoMosaic screen saver.
  • Incredibly fast network browsing.
  • A hotkey to sleep the display instantly.
  • The ability to run the very cool Fluid.
  • Built-in VNC viewing (part of "back to my Mac")
  • FileVault is MUCH faster [UPDATE]
I've only had it running for a few hours, so I'm sure I'll find more cool stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| 860.945.1118
Copyright ©2006 EVO design, LLC
Portfolio | People | Studio | About Evo | What's New | Contact Us