Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Up, up, and... dissapointing.

UP! was one of the bigger movie disappointments for me this summer. While Star Trek and Watchmen were better than I expected, UP! is now my least-favorite Pixar Movie. It was a rather sad movie, and the pacing seemed off.

On the other hand, it was beautifully done. What I can only describe as the "porcelain" faces Pixar has been developing throughout their past few movies have never looked better. The hair especially impressed me, as did the pallet and cinematography.

Lou Romano did a lot of the sketching and color work for the movie. In addition to some beautiful sketches he's also posted his color script. You can see the strange pacing here too... half the movie passes before Carl goes on his adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| 860.945.1118
Copyright ©2006 EVO design, LLC
Portfolio | People | Studio | About Evo | What's New | Contact Us