Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hidden iFeatures

Apple has a nasty habit of not documenting all of the features of their products, and leaving it to the user to explore the programs and, if all goes as planned, find the features they're looking for in the logical place.

I manged to stumble across some gems lately.

At the recent Evo Christmas party, and at other events, I wanted to merge my photos and those of other cameras. This should be an easy task, except the other cameras never have their clocks set correctly, so that when the photos are sorted by time-stamp, they're out of sync. There are utilities to batch-correct this, but they're expensive. In the past, I've painstakingly done it manually. Lots of google searching on how to do it easier turned up zilch.


And yet, just select the event in iPhoto, click the "Photos" menu, and select 'Adjust Date and Time". A great little menu pops up, that lets you set a new time, and even tells you how much it's going to change each photo.

I'm incredibly impressed Apple thought to include this feature, but I wish I knew about this years ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| 860.945.1118
Copyright ©2006 EVO design, LLC
Portfolio | People | Studio | About Evo | What's New | Contact Us