Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Future of TV is in a Boxee

At CES the Boxee Box was announced, and it seemed like another run-of-the-mill box for playing computer files on a TV.

I have something similar, and I use it a lot, but it is little more than a file browser/player that likes to crash.

Boxee started as media center software for the computer, and this box is just a pre-packaged version. This weekend I tried the (FREE) software on my computer at home, and was AMAZED at the polish, and power of the software.

It scanned my computer for files, but also has access to dozens (hundreds?) of TV shows and movies from sources like HULU, Fox.com, FX.com, and others. I can essentially browse any show I want and view any episode, on demand, for free.

Cable is dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

| 860.945.1118
Copyright ©2006 EVO design, LLC
Portfolio | People | Studio | About Evo | What's New | Contact Us